Sunday, September 10, 2006

It all began just ten years ago...

When Charles and I exchanged vows in the beautiful Jemez Mountains, at a picnic site near Jemez Falls, on September 21, 1996. It was that day that I made up the song that would drive Charles to the very edge of reason when I sang it. I called it "The Married Song."

First you have to imagine it being sung very loudly, and in an Edith Bunker voice.

And the lyrics can vary according to the situation, but it always starts with...

"We're MARRIED! la la!
And I LOVE YOU! la la la!"

I don't do it often, but when I do, it is usually in the car. I can see Charles's fingers tighten on the steering wheel, the little vein start to pop in his forehead, and it makes me smile. (Yep pretty sadistic.)

Now that we have kids I have an enthusiastic audience for this. They LOVE the married song. Poor Charles.

The guy just can't catch a break.

No comments: