Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Vietnam 2000 Rocks

There is a good chance that Sarah will be discharged tomorrow, hopefully going home for good. At this point I will need a month for my digestive system to recover from hospital food, though tonight I got a great dinner. My good friend Sylvie stopped by Vietnam 2000. Shameless commercial plug coming... So on the corner of San Mateo and Zuni, one of Albuquerque's less glamorous corners, is this unassuming restaurant/emissions testing center. Yes, while you are dining you can have your vehicle certified. The food is amazing. Everything is so fresh. All the vegetables are crisp and delicious. Plenty of really tasty cilantro. Hot stuff if you want hot stuff. My favorite dish is rice noodles with sliced pork. #21. They mix the rice noodles with bean sprouts, so it is light and crunchy, the pork is lean, and they chop up two of their incredibly delicious egg rolls (BEST EVER) on top. Cilantro, scallions. Fresh and wonderful. This place consistently gets community votes for "Best of Albuquerque" in all the guides. They boast the best avocado shake (though I can't imagine this concept I am told it is wonderful.) I have just been subjected to a run of Wizards of Waverly Place, and now there is some odd cartoon on, some sort of yeti creature with man boobs.

No comments: