Thursday, April 12, 2007

I Am Weak

Let me say this upfront. I HATE reality tv. Ever since I was a teenager and read Stephen King's "The Running Man" that whole concept just seems like a creepy modern version of the Roman games. It is with great shame that I report this...


Last night my bed was full of sick people with stomach flu, and cats concerned for their wellbeing. I was hanging off the edge, and forgot to take the benadryl I use at night for allergies, so I was also WIDE awake. I watched Frazier, then The Golden Girls, but I can't take that bizarre medical show afterwards, which the two times I have watched has come across as one long commercial for pharmaceuticals. So I flipped, needing to bridge the half hour gap before The Daily Show.


I came across the devil's network.


Fox Reality. God help us.


I have to admit, I was sucked into this trash, but hear me out...



What can I say? I am weak.

The show in question is called "Strip Search" and it involves hot young Australian males with their adorable accents auditioning for an all male review. They said things like "cheeky" and smiled those gorgeous smiles. I could not change the channel.

Rupert Murdoch, you evil bastard.

No comments: